Production-grade Kubernetes for the 5G Distributed Edge
Wind River Cloud Platform is an open source, production-grade distributed Kubernetes solution for managing edge cloud infrastructure. Based on the OpenStack StarlingX project, Cloud Platform represents a compilation of best-in-class open source technology that delivers the features needed to effectively deploy and manage distributed networks.TALK TO AN EXPERT TRY IT OUT
Cloud Platform: The Cornerstone of 5G
Find out how a well-executed distributed edge cloud sets the cornerstone for a successful 5G network.Watch Video
Optimized for the network edge, Cloud Platform is a high-availability solution that ensures communications service providers can thrive in the era of 5g and beyond. Customers select Cloud Platform because they are looking to:
Control operational cost
- Simplified day-1 and day-2 operations
- Single pane of glass management
- Automatic updates and upgrades
- Integrated end-to-end security to mitigate risk
Establish market leadership
- Geographically diverse distributed cloud deployment for deploying 5G vRAN at scale
- Zero-touch deployment, configuration, and enablement with no operatorinvolvement
- Ability to define and commission edge clouds from a centralized cloud
- Single installation media—a simple deployment model
Enable new revenue streams
- Highly flexible infrastructure to grow with your business
- Optimized out-of-the-box, integrated performant, low-latency Linux kernel
- Small footprint—single node—for edge deployment
- Edge infrastructure to support new use cases such as autonomous driving, robotics, and yet-to-be-imagined innovative services
Leverage deployment-ready open source
- Production-ready Kubernetes
- Best-of-breed open source solutions that reduce vendor lock-in
- Commercial hardening and packaging with over 30,000 tests per release
- Lifecycle support and maintenance with 24x7x365 support options
- Customer-first focus with alignment upstream
Wind River Analytics: Identify trends. Detect anomolies. Prevent problems.
Your distributed cloud is a highly complex system that will generate a vast amount of data, requiring new tools for visibility. Wind River Analytics, fully integrated with Cloud Platform, will collect, distribute, process, and analyze that data for you so you can make pro-active and informed decisions that will keep your cloud up—while reducing your operational costs.
The 5G VRAN Use Case
To maximize the benefits of virtual RAN (vRAN), operators need an underlying cloud platform designed to support network-wide configuration and management of far edge applications and infrastructure. Cloud Platform is especially well suited for use cases such as vRAN with low latency and high reliability requirements.
Cloud Platform also delivers a unified edge cloud management and network-wide orchestration that provides the flexibility needed to scale across small-footprint, low-cost/power single node servers up to full data center configurations.
COMMITMENT TO OPEN SOURCE AND OPEN STANDARDS
Wind River is an active participant and leader in critical industry standards and open source initiatives for building critical infrastructure.